Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1919 Shadrack

1919 is the only chapter in the book that I honestly read. I'm not good with taking a book home, and just reading it on my own. Reading and writing are extremely boring to me no matter the book or topic. I rather watch a movie on a book then read it anyways. The big discussion in class about whether or not Shadrack had hands really was interesting. In my mind by reading the only chapter I've read in the book I think he does have hands through context clues. The nurse told him to pick up the spoon, and I was thinking why would she ask a man with no hands to do that. Shadrack was in shell shock due to the war he was in previously. If we had took a pop quiz on this chapter I would've passed it instead of failing it with a zero. I need to join a reading a group during study hall time. If I don't join I will honestly continue to fail the quizzes, and may potentially fail the class. I wish I had to motivation to read a like other people, but its just not in me. Hopefully after this class I will develop the passion for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment