Wednesday, July 3, 2013
1922-Another failed attempt to read
1922 is another failed mission in my reading. Today I'm going to join a reading group, and catch myself up on this book. I'm really slipping in this class, and it's time to pick my work ethic up. Seeing these zeros really are crushing my spirit. I didn't read last night, because I typed up my entire rough draft. I was up until three in the morning typing this paper. I didn't bring my laptop from home so I had to wait at least three hours to use an available one when I got back in the dorms. In the discussion we talked about in class today we brought up how some old man looked at girls, and said "pig meat" to Sula and Nel. I think the old man and his friends are true perverts hanging out where little kids meet up. If I was in that situation I would get a older person I know to come approach the men about the situation. What really got me is when one of my classmates said the girls like the attention they were getting from the men. To me it sounds to me like Nel is following in her grandmothers foot step in becoming a whore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment