Monday, July 15, 2013

1941-Read

1941 was a another good chapter in the book. I think the people of the bottom rioted for no reason at all. Sula presence was actually a good thing rather the a bad thing after all. Sula's presence made people care for the their lovers more, and mothers take care of their elders. Without Sula the people of the bottom went into turmoil. I think Shadrack set the people up for death. I believe he knew what the people were feeling like, so he picked the right time to do his little National Suicide Day announcement. I'm surprised that Sula didn't sleep with Shadrack before he died. Everyone has their own definition of Sula's birthmark, so I wonder what her birthmark really looks like. In the chapter it doesn't mention anything about Nel, so I wonder if she is still alive in the town. In the next chapter I hope to find out what happened to Nel. The ice storm in the book sounded extremely harsh, and almost unbearable to deal with. I didn't know one storm could last for three months straight. I would have to tried to move somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment